Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft Draft |
Status : Quotes Articles Letters Banner Advertising Wide Ads Blog Links Google Calendar
Peggy Jo Studio Newsletter"A Newsletter to Embrace Life and to Encourage both singles and couples Spiritually, Physically, and Mentally to be Active which brings Good Health"
|Volume: 18 Issue: 38||January 25, 2021|
A reminder, titles and text written in blue and underlined like this are links to give you more information about a topic. We hope you use them and enjoy their results and happy reading>
Dr Seuss PesachPassover Seder Unvite
A renowned doctor has urged us to alter our
Seder plans for this year. here is the official
request from the esteemed Dr. Seuss.
I do not want you in my house
I do not want you or your spouse
I do not wish to eat with you
At Seder one or Seder two
Don't get me wrong, I think you're nice
But the CDC gave out this advice
Ten plagues are enough, you don't need one more
But Elijah can still be welcomed in at your door
This years only guests are Mother, Father, sister or brother
Next year in Jerusalem, we'll say to each other
From now on at each Seder, this story we'll tell
How G-D saved his people with a squirt of Purell
Let's Celebrate Passover (Last Supper) Together Virtually:Congregation Shema Yisrael HAS INVITED EVERYONE TO CELEBRATE PASSOVERWITH THEM ON LINE
this year in RESPONSE TO THEIR MANY REQUESTS.
jOIN THEM Wednesday, April 8 at 6:00 pm
In response to your many requests, we are very happy to be making it possible to enjoy Passover together even when apart!
Passover: Wednesday, April 8, at 6:00 pm: Join THEM Online: We encourage you to have your own Seder at home.
Passover: Wednesday, April 8, at 6:00 pm: Join Online: They are Encouraging you to have your own Seder (The Last Supper) at home. Click here for our Passover Hagada., Click here for helpful tips on preparing for your Seder. If you would like to go through the Passover Seder with them, please tune in to their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/shemadotcom or their webpage:Click here for our Passover Hagada.,
Click here for helpful tips on preparing for your Seder.
If you would like to go through the Passover Seder with us, please tune in to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/shemadotcom or our webpage: shema.com on April 8, the first night of Passover, at 6:00 pm.or their webpage:shema.com on April 8, the first night of Passover, at 6:00 pm. Congregation Shema Yisrael | A Messianic Jewish Synagogue This video will appear at 10:30 am EST, you may need to refresh the page! Jennifer Goldstein
Congregation Shema Yisrael
During the Covid-19 impasse we will be limiting the publication of Events. Please do not classify this email as spam because you will be taken off the mailing list by Constant Contact. It is difficult to get back on.
From: Peggy Jo
Immune Boost Recommendations
From Terry Robinson RPN NAET of New Life Natural Health Center 725 S. Adams, Birmingham, Michigan
Life Allergy Treatment Center's recommendations for boosting your immune system. The following information contains our normal recommendations for keeping your immune system strong during any cold and flu season. We suggest that you follow the suggestions below and have the supplements in your home. The supplements may be purchased at health food stores or online.
Boosting your immune system naturally Cold and flu season is upon us. Protecting your family from those nasty viruses and bacteria is not easy. If you or your loved ones are out in public at all, it is almost impossible to avoid germs. In addition to your regular NAET treatments, here are a number of things you can do to build up your immune system and reduce your chances of catching a cold or flu this flu season.
Maintain Good Gut Health
70% of your immune system is in your gut. Taking Probiotics and eating Fermented foods can reduce gut inflammation and increase germ fighting good bacteria. Along with improved digestion, Probiotics are known to reduce the severity of colds and flu. Avoiding Processed Foods and Sugar Sugar has been proven to dramatically tower immune function increasing your risk of catching foreign invaders like viruses and bacteria. Research against processed food and simple sugar is hard to deny. Simple sugar and processed foods increase inflammatory markers in your blood, decreasing your immune system's ability to respond and control infections.
Research suggest that moderate Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Exercise causes changes in antibodies and white blood cells. WBCs are the body's immune system cells that fight disease.
Open windows for a few minutes daily. This will bring fresh air into your home and increase air movement and decrease the risk of catching air borne viruses.
Sleep deprivation suppresses immune system function. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep can bolster your immune function decreasing susceptibility to common colds and flu.
Simple old fashioned hand washing reduces viruses and bacteria on your hands and decreases the spread of germs. Using an essential oil sanitizer on objects like phones, computer desk, and door knobs will help stop the spread of colds and flu. Daily Supplements to maintain a strong immune system during the winter
Vitamin C — 2000 mg/day adults - 500 mg/day for children
Vitamin D- 2000 IU for adults - 1000 per/day for children
Revision: The following are supplements you can take at the onset of and during a cold or flu.
VITAMIN C Immune Booster Adult: 1000 mg/3 x day Child 500 mg/3 x day
VITAMIN D Immune Booster Adult: 1000 mg/4 x day Child 1000 mg/2 x day
ZINC Immune Booster Adult: 25 mg /3 x day Child: 5-8mg/ 3 x day
LIVE LEAF EXTRACT Anti-Microbial as package directs
OIL OF OREGANO Anti-Microbial as package directs.
ECHINACEA LIQUID Immune Booster as package directs.
OSCILLOCOCCINUM Homeopathic Cold and Flu Remedy Adult: 1 under tongue 3 x day Child: 1 under tongue 3 x day.
ESSENTIAL OILS Inhale, diffuse or put in bathThieves, Tea Tree, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Pine water as per manufacturer's instructions.
In addition, there are a couple of supplements that may be effective in decreasing the severity of COVID-19. This particular COVID virus is too new for studies to be complete on the effectiveness of any supplements, however, studies on other COVID viruses have shown that both Elderberry and Beta-glucan may be helpful.
Elderberry dosage: 1000 mg 3x day.
Beta-Glucan dosage: As per manufacturer's instructionsThese suggestions are not meant to replace standard medical care but may support the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 or any other respiratory virus. If you develop symptoms, contact your primary care physician and follow the directions given. If at any time, you are under respiratory distress, contact emergency personal or go to your emergency room for immediate care. For current updates on COVID-19, consult the CDC website. https://www.cdc.gov/
What is Coronavirus?
From: Don Colbert MD
Interestingly, corona viruses are actually a large family of viruses that are common in many different species of animals. In fact, human corona-viruses are often responsible for the common cold.
However, the current strain is believed to be an animal corona-virus, although experts are unsure from which animal it was contracted.
It was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei province, China. Its symptoms may appear within 2 days of exposure, and up to 14 days. Alarmingly, there is some indication that it may be spread before symptoms appear, making it difficult to contain. It is a respiratory infection, and most symptoms are similar to other respiratory infections, including:
It's important to note that the vast majority of cases are still in China, and that countries such as the US are taking strong measures to identify any risk of infection in those traveling between our countries.
12 Natural Ways to Reduce Your Risk of the Coronavirus1. Avoid Travel to China and Neighboring Countries Until the corona virus is well-contained, it is prudent to avoid traveling to China and neighboring countries at this time. Since the cases and deaths in China are still growing, and it has been difficult to control the spread, do what you can to avoid travel to this area of the world is possible.
2. Stay Updated and Aware As the world learns more about the corona virus, and about the implications of those traveling from China to other countries such as the US, we will learn what our true risk is. Especially if you live in an area with a lot of international travel, such as cities with international airports, tune in to stay aware of the cases and risk as it's reported.
3. Wash Hands Throughout the Day Maybe the most important step you can take to reduce your risk of the corona virus and all respiratory viruses is to wash your hands throughout the day.
This means after every time you touch public devices and environments, after eating, after touching or being in close contact with others. All-day long.
If washing isn't practical, you can use a gentle hand sanitizer when needed (they are about 60% as effective as washing). What's more, you can use our essential oil tips below to improve a hand sanitizer's effect.
In addition to washing your hands, avoid touching your face.
4. Be Extra Stingy Our moms may have implored us to share but to reduce your risk of the corona virus and other respiratory illnesses, be extra-stingy. This means don't share your cups, glasses and eating utensils or anything else that comes in contact with other people's faces or hands.
And, wash your hands often.
5. Up Your Vitamin D Vitamin D plays a key role in the immune system, and study after study has shown that bolstered doses decrease winter-time viruses.
A 2017 analysis of more than 11,000 participants in the British Medical Journal showed that those with vitamin D levels of less than 10 mg/ml had a higher risk of respiratory infections compared to those at 10 ng/mL or greater (5).
Yet another study found that 2000 IU of vitamin D resulted in a significantly reduced risk of viral respiratory infections in school-aged children (1).
Other studies point to the same, so try 2000 IU vitamin D per day throughout the winter-virus season and this outbreak.
6. Take Elderberry as a Safe and Effective Virus Fighter Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra) is a traditional berry that is known for its amazing virus and bacteria-fighting properties.
In fact, it helps our bodies make antibodies against influenza, fights viruses, fights streptococcus, and reduces upper respiratory infections (2).
One analysis of 180 participants found that supplementation with elderberry substantially reduced upper respiratory symptoms, with no adverse effects (3).
You can find black elderberry in many commercial preparations, or use our Elderberry Syrup Health Tonic recipe. It includes other virus fighters such as ginger and apple cider vinegar, and it tastes great!
7. Keep Zinc Lozenges On Hand to Disrupt Viruses Zinc is a very interestingly mineral to fight viruses and reduce your risk of coronavirus.
When applied to the site of virus replication, it can actually disrupt the virus's ability to replicate and RNA.
It's for this reason that most benefits from zinc derive when it's used in a throat spray, nasal gel, or lozenge preparation.
Keep these products on hand, and use them at the first sign of viral symptoms (or suspicion of it).
8. Essential Oils in the Air and Skin You can take your hand sanitizing and washing up a notch with essential oils. In fact, essential oils such as tea tree oil, lemon, clove bud, eucalyptus (should not be used with small children), cinnamon cassia, and rosemary are highly anti-viral. If buying them, only buy from reputable companies that use 100% pure essential oils. You can often find "germ-fighting" blends available with many of these oils in one. Essential oils are simply compounds produced by plants to protect themselves from diseases. Their molecular weights allow them to enter our bodies via skin and respiration. But take care. Essential Oils are extremely strong compounds and should be used with caution and as directed here or by a professional aromatherapist: Add approximately 20-30 drops of "germ fighter" essential oils per 1 cup of hand sanitizer or natural soaps and shake well. You can also diffuse these oils throughout your home. Believe it or not, when you inhale them, their compounds can enter your bloodstream and go to work to fight viruses and boost immune function.
9. Use Ashwagandha to Boost Immune Function and Fight Viruses Are you familiar with ashwagandha root? It is an immunomodulating herb that can support health, immune function, and hormone balance. Its scientific name is Withania somnifera, and it has been used for centuries as a medicinal herb. In fact, animal studies have found that it can inhibit viruses and reduce their proliferation (4). It may be especially useful considering the current coronavirus is of animal origin. And if you're interested in the thyroid and hormone benefitting balancing attributes, find relief and boost your immune system with Thyroid Zone – it contains ashwagandha.
10. If You're Sick or Have a Weakened Immune System, Stay Home if Possible Unless it's mandatory for you to be in a public place, consider skipping events and outing if you have a weakened immune system. And if you're sick, stay home.
11. Mind Your Gut Healthy gut bacteria and healthy digestion are extremely important to the immune system. They directly affect it. And unfortunately, they can become weakened from illnesses, antibiotics in medications and foods, and more. It's vital to help your gut thrive. When healthy bacteria and gut health thrive, the immune system improves (5). A great way to help is to take foods and supplements with probiotics and compounds that improve gut health. These include:
12. Get Enough Sleep You've heard it before: adequate sleep is absolutely crucial for health. In fact, many studies now show that sleep is vital for immune function, fighting chronic disease and viruses, and for brain health (6). What is adequate sleep? Try to get 8-9 hours per day to keep your body healthy and immune system optimal. Detox Your Body for Health Of course, a large part of avoiding viruses, and being able to fight them when you do get them, is an overall healthy lifestyle and strong immune system. We can help. If you'd like to make changes to improve your overall health and supercharge your immune system this
Click here to get back to the top
Schedule Change Reminder!
The Equipping is happening live online Tuesday nights now and we only meet at the Troy Community Center(3179 Livernois Rd. (248)524-3484 7:30pm to 8:30pm) on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
To join online on any other Tuesday,using your smartphone, computer or tablet, join us from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm by clicking on this link https://zoom.us/j/252676745
Note you will have to download and install the Zoom software, just follow the direction that you will receive.
Click here to get back to the top
Sunday Breakfast At Jimmies Coney IslandSUN 2021-01-31
|We are in year 18 and sending this newsletter to over 8,830 eMail contacts.|